Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Look Back at 2012...

I cannot believe that 2012 is over already.  When it started last year, I had no idea what the year would bring, but it was certainly a fabulous year for us.  After a less than stellar year in 2011, we were ready to take 2012 and make it count.


We started the year off in an apartment after selling our house in 2011.  We were miserable, but managed to do a lot of hiking around Kansas with our husky.



We closed on our house on Valentines' Day, which also happens to be Ken's birthday.  It was such a wonderful day!  Happiness to the full extent.





We had a visitor in our backyard that Ken quickly took care of.  I also really kicked up my Ironman training.

Eww...


We had another visitor in our backyard that Kya tried to befriend.  Our house was quickly turning into the funny farm!  I also started setting records each week with my bike mileage.



We took a weekend trip to St. Louis to watch the Cardinals play and visit with friends and family.  Ken and I also celebrated three years of marriage on May 26.


And yes, I had to post this picture again just in case someone missed it.  I am a lucky lady.


We made one of our favorite annual trips to the Grand Canyon to hike Rim to Rim to Rim.  I also set a new half marathon PR.  






On July 3rd at approximately 11:00 am, I had my braces removed.  This was such a highlight of my year.  It came very close to being my favorite day of the year.  



I also completed my first open water swim ever and rode my bike over 100 miles for the first time.  I started to really think that I was going to make it to the finish line of becoming an Ironman!


With all of my big training weekends behind me, I started to enjoy a little free time with Ken, Kya, and my friends.  

Celebrating Heather's 40th Birthday

Oh and let's not forget the biggest moment of my year that happened on August 26.  I will never forget this day as long as I live.  It quite honestly was one of the best days of my life.  My race report may just be my favorite blog post ever.






I spent the month of September being spoiled by my friends with a lot of post Ironman celebrating.


Ken and I also traveled to Lake Tahoe for a wonderful vacation.




We spent the October celebrating the beautiful weather with Pumpkin Spice Lattes and pretty much everything else pumpkin.  We also spent an afternoon at our favorite local winery

.
On top of all of the pumpkin fun, we also had a memorable camping trip.



My birthday was on November 10th and it ended up being quite the busy day.  I ran a half marathon, celebrated at Heather's baby shower, and had dinner with Brian and Jill.



We also made a trip to Mexico with Rob and Michelle.




We spent December celebrating Christmas all month long.  I was so excited to decorate this year, that I decorated the weekend after Halloween.  We spent the month watching Christmas movies, listening to Christmas music, driving around looking at lights, and going to dinner with friends.  December was a perfect end to such a wonderful year.



I am very much looking forward to what 2013 has in store for us.  I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Happy 2013!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow - you both had quite the busy year! Can't wait to see what 2013 brings you :) Happy New Year!