Monday, January 2, 2017

2016 Review...

Let's take a peek at what all happened in 2016, shall we?

January


We spent January hiking as many trails as we could all around Kansas.  

Frozen whiskers for a husky are simply the best!

My two favorite hiking partners!

February


We celebrated Ken's birthday with our traditional brewery tour all around Kansas City.

A fun day with Mike and Katie


March

We celebrated Katie's birthday at a wine event, celebrated a friend's wedding, and I spent a lot of time studying for my third semester of nursing school.

Katie at me at Uncorked

Ken and me dressed up for a wedding

The three best studying partners in the world


April

We did more hiking around Kansas and did our annual trip to the zoo on Easter.

These two are in their happy place

A fun filled day at the zoo


May

I wrapped up my third semester of nursing school and starting work in the OR full time for the summer.  We also celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary and jetted off to Europe for a few weeks!

Our last walk to Starbucks during the business day

Celebrating 7 years at Manifesto

Back in our happy place, Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland

The Lauterbrunnen Valley

A day hiking with great friends!


June

We started June off in Europe and spent the remainder of the month recovering from jet lag.  

Munich, Germany

St. Gilgen, Austria

Salzburg, Austria

Berchtesgaden, Germany

Hallstatt, Austria

Vienna, Austria

Vienna, Austria

July

Miss Kya had a small eye surgery and had her teeth cleaned while she was under anesthesia.  Poor baby did not feel well.

A pillow and a blankie make everything better


We watched movies and snuggled.


August


We took a trip to the Missouri State Fair for the first time and I started my final semester of nursing school complete with night shift clinicals!
Winning games like a champ at the Missouri State Fair


The kitties extremely concerned about their mama sleeping during the day

September


We celebrated my accepting an ICU nursing position after graduation and we played around in the sunflowers of Kansas.

Cocktails for the win!

Playing around in the sunflowers that are taller than me.


October


We took a family trip to Colorado for a little hiking.  We also had a few events that we had to attend and I ran the Kansas City marathon.

A husky and her dad

Happiness

March of Dimes Signature Chef's Auction

March of Dimes Nurse of the Year gala

Liberty Memorial as seen on the KC marathon run course


November


We celebrated my turning 36 and spent Thanksgiving with our friends Rob and Michelle.

A birthday martini

Thanksgiving day snuggles


December


We started off December with a trip to Chicago and then spent what seemed like the rest of the month celebrating my graduation.  I feel pretty bad because I feel like the last few months of the year centered around me.  That certainly was not planned!  We finished off the year celebrating Christmas with our little family.

Fun times at the Chicago Chriskindlmarkt

Proud new nursing school graduate!

Celebrating my graduation

Soaking up Christmas

Christmas lights with Angel


2016 was a great mix of very exciting times and everyday moments that I adore.  Our little family had a very good 2016 and I feel very fortunate for every single moment.  We have many big moments coming up in 2017 as well.  I have the impending NCLEX test coming up which will allow me to start my job as an RN.  Someone in the house has a big birthday coming up and an endurance event planned to celebrate the big birthday.  We have a few trips in the works as well, but are mainly looking forward to establishing the new normal again with me going back to work full time.  

Thanks for reading and Happy 2017!














No comments: