Thursday, July 11, 2013

I Missed You Gigi's!

I really thought about trying to take a doze of cupcakes with me to the Grand Canyon to enjoy on the North Rim.  I thought long and hard about it, but realized that they may not do too well be in the desert.  So, I decided I would wait until I got home.  Although, a Gigi's cupcake would have been the best thing ever after hiking 21 miles!

Meet the new contenders!

Banana Cream Pie and Double Stuff

I bought the Banana Cream Pie for Ken, I really did.  It is not my fault that he did not eat it.  I offered it to him, he declined, so I ate it.  Isn't that how it works at everyone's house?  Yeah, I know I had already eaten my cupcake, but that is not the point.

The Banana Cream Pie was what I like to call a sleeper.  It is not something I would normally buy.  I am not a huge fan of bananas.  This usually shocks people because for whatever reason, all runners like bananas.  Well, I do not. 

Anyway, back to the cupcake.  It was really good!  I liked it.  It was not super banana-ie, which I am sure helped.  Also, you can probably slap buttercream frosting on a brick and I would tell you I love it. 

Clearly, the Double Stuff was meant for me.  Something that has an Oreo ontop or looks like a Oreo? 

Sold.  I will take it.

It was really good.  I am still learning that chocolate cake, as much as it pains me to say this, is starting to not be my favorite anymore.  I know, chocolate cake Gods, please do not hate me.  This cake was a dark chocolate cake, which I really liked.  Again, it had the wonderful buttercream frosting layered ontop and I ate every morsel of the darn thing. 

At this point, the Candy Bar Crunch is still in the lead as the favorite. Don't worry, I will be back next week with more cupcakes.

No comments: