Monday, May 20, 2013

The One with the Lady and No Bra...

If I know my friend Heather, she just spit her coffee out reading that title.  Yep, this is the story about my encounter with the lady not wearing a bra.

Sure, we have all been there at some point.  You know, the dress with the back that does not allow for a bra, maybe the dress sucks the girls up and there is no room for a bra.  We have all been there.  Just not everyday and you know, at the age of 60.

Yes, that is right this lady was around 60.

Let me back up.  I recently started working at a clothing store a few hours a week for a little extra social interaction.  I absolutely love it.  You mean I get to chat with other women and make fashion tips.  All of this and a 40% discount?  Sold.

Anyway, I was making a few shirt suggestions to this lady the other day.  Long story short, she ended up telling me that she does not wear a bra.  For whatever reason, she felt so comfortable with me that she asked me if I could tell that she was not wearing a bra at that moment.

Gulp.

Talk about awkward.  Good thing I work well under pressure and am good and BSing.  :)

Oh but it gets worse.  Way worse.  I was helping her in the dressing room.  Since I was aware that she does not wear a bra, she made sure and point to her chest with every item to ask me if I can tell she is not wearing a bra.  Yeah, I know.

At one point she did ask me if her boobs were flopping all over the place.  How I kept my composure, I have no idea.  Obviously, this proves I will make a fine nurse one day. 

I saved the best for last.  She tried on a lighter colored top that was a little too small.  You get the picture right?  Well, she walked out and I immediately saw the outlining of EVERYTHING.  She quickly covered her chest and asked me to follow her to the dressing room and asked me if I thought she should get the one she was wearing or the larger size.  Yes, that really happened.  And, she bought the shirt. 

2 comments:

Emily said...

excellent training for the world of nursing. the bra-less thing, and the questionably-crazy thing :)

Heather said...

LOL - this is about as funny as "The One with the Beaver" :) I am SO looking forward to your stories when you start working in a hospital setting!

Good stuff :)

HT