Monday, January 7, 2013

St. Louis Marathon Training...Week 1...

Even though I have not registered yet, I am 99% certain that I am going to run the St. Louis Marathon in April.  It is kind of hard not to run this race since it is only four hours away, and we can see family and friends during the long weekend. 

My running last week was thrown off a little with the snow and the gym being closed on New Years, but I made it work. 

Side note:  I usually only run 3-4 times per week.  I am a big believer in quality over quantity and managed to break four hours with this training method.

Wednesday - 6.0 miles at the gym with intervals
Friday - 3.0 miles with Kya
Sunday - 8.0 miles with Kya

What do I do on the other days?  I usually walk Kya, sometimes swim, ride my bike on the trainer, or my new favorite - Turbo Jam!

No comments: