Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Running...

Even though I have not been talking about it too much, I have still be out pounding the pavement running wise.  I am not going to lie, I totally slacked off after finishing Ironman Louisville, but I think that it was very much deserved. 

I have been running three to four days per week, trying to focus one to two days on speed work.  It has been so nice here lately, that Kya has been able to join me on most of my runs, so I do not go to the track that is down the street for formal speed work.  I usually do husky focused speed work that involes sprinting for a minute or two.  That girl sure can move.

I am maintaining a long run around 8-10 miles for now.  I always like to be able to run a half marathon if necessary.  This is basically how I gage if I am in decent shape or not. 

For the last few months I have really just enjoyed not being on a schedule and pretty much doing whatever I want.  I had forgotten how "normal" people live not always training for something.  I am not going to lie, it has been so nice.  Sure, I miss running with a purpose, but this break has been so nice. 

I am still wanting to train to try to qualify for Boston, but I am not sure if 2013 is going to be my year.  I have quite the semester planned for me starting in January and while I fully intend to maintain running three to four days a week, I am not sure that I will be able to handle working, school, maintaining our house, and trying to run a 3:35 marathon.  I will do it one of these days, but I need to be realistic on the expectations I set for myself and accept that 2013 might not be a good year.

As of this moment, I am planning on running the St. Louis Marathon in April, but it is still a little on the tentative side depending on my final class schedule. 

Us girls enjoying an afternoon walk.  

No comments: