Sunday, August 19, 2012

Tapering is Good for the Soul...

With very few workouts on the schedule, I have been taking advantage of the one thing every endurance athlete knows about...THE TAPER.  Yes!  I have been waiting for this bad boy to get here since the beginning of July and when he showed up the first weekend of August, I welcomed him with open arms.

What have I been up to?  Oh you know, just the things non-ironman training people get to do all the time.  Thinks like going to dinner with Ken, walking to Starbucks with Ken and Kya, more walks with Ken and Kya, and going to dinner with friends.  Am I having those normal taper doubts?  Yes I am.  I have this horrible feeling that my bike time is going to suffer because I have been slacking on the bike.

I dropped my bike off last week for a tune up and pick it up tomorrow.  I plan on getting a little bit of a hilly bike ride in, but am really trying to keep things easy.  These last few weeks have been amazing and I am so excited for this weekend to get here!

I met Michelle and Jill for sushi this past week.  We laughed and laughed and enjoyed telling stories.

My fabulous friend Heather had a big birthday last week, so we celebrated with pedicures and lunch.  That Heather has such a special place in my heart.  There is no one else I know that shares my love for all things Fall and pumpkin.  She is also my only friend that starts listening to Christmas music the day after Halloween.    That is a sign of great character.  :)

Us girls at lunch.  The birthday girl is between Michelle and me.  She squatted to make me feel a little tall, Michelle was in heels, so I was left as the shortest.  :)

I am not the only one that has been spending time with my besties.  Kya was invited to spend the evening with Charlee and Boise last night.  She has so much fun with those two!  Here are Kya and Charlee lounging after playing in the backyard for a few hours.  

No comments: