Saturday, August 11, 2012

I am Cheating on Ironman Training...

Yeah, so I am have been cheating on ironman training with my husband.  You knew it would happen eventually right?  After three tough weeks, I decided that last week would be an easy week.  It was such an easy week, that I bailed on doing a long run or a long ride.  Oops, but it was totally worth it to spend the weekend with Ken.  I mean, I still worked out, but did not do a six hour work out.

Saturday Ken took me to my favorite restaurant, Kona Grill.  It was exactly what we both needed.  A little sushi and conversation.  After Kona, we went to check out the Titanic artifacts exhibit that was at Union Station.  It was cool to see all of the items, but I was a little disappointed in the exhibit overall.  I am glad we went so that I was able to see what it was all about.  After the exhibit, Ken surprised me by taking me to Westport to go to Murray's Ice Cream.  Can you say delicious?  I got ice cream and a cookie.  Life on a Saturday does not get much better than that.

Sunday we woke up and decided to go for a walk.  I suggested taking Kya to Starbucks, since there is one that is less than a mile from our backdoor.  We sat outside and enjoyed a latte with our girl, and I reminded Ken that in just a few weeks, we can order Pumpkin Spice Lattes!  Yes, folks, Fall is getting closer!!

"I love walks and lattes"

It was such a fabulous weekend and I am so glad I took time off to spend with Ken.  It gave me a taste of what my freedom will be like in a few short weeks.  I see a weekend of me lounging on the coach watching Friends DVD's while eating cookies, cupcakes, and ice cream in my future.  

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

"freedom" from training is nice but so is that feeling of accomplishing an IM! Important to relax here and there like you did and I'm sure Ken appreciated the quality time :)

Heather said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! Glad you were able to take a break & enjoy some "Ken-time" :)

Wendy said...

So excited for your IM!