Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ironman Training Week 15 & 16...

I suppose it is bad whenever my husband sends me text to tell me how boring my blog has become and how I need to update.  Well, my response to him is that I will have to become a picture nazi to make things more interesting.  After my boring weekly update, see the following post for a post with pictures.

I have had to great weeks of training.  I had my two longest bike rides ever.  One of them was wonderful where I wanted to keep going and the other one, well, I rolled up into the garage afterwards and told the bike to eff off.  :)

Week 15

Monday
16 miles biking

Tuesday
4 mile run
1:20 minute hike with Ken

Wednesday
2500 yard swim

Thursday
Rest

Friday
3000 yard swim

Saturday
35 mile bike ride
15 minute transition run with Kya

Sunday
8 mile run
1250 yard swim


Week 16

Monday
Rest

Tuesday
6.2 mile run

Wednesday
3300 yard swim - which is two miles for those of you counting

Thursday
1:20 bike
4 mile transition run with Kya

Friday
3500 yard swim

Saturday
11 mile run

Sunday
38 mile bike ride
15 minute transition run with Kya

Overall, two very solid weeks.  I still love swimming and think I am getting just a little faster every month.  And to think this time last year I could not swim a full lap without stopping or feelling like I was going to die.

No comments: