Monday, December 19, 2011

What Comes Next?

I always said that after I ran the NYC Marathon that I would be finished running marathons.  Of course that is not true, but I have been unsure about what I want to do in 2012.  I have waffled back and forth with a few options. 

The other day I was looking at Ironman triathlons and for some reason noticed that Ironman Kentucky still has spots available for 2012.  I was a little shocked, but also know that it is the least popular Ironman due to the hills and the heat.  I thought too bad I did not think of this back in August, or I would sign up.  I started doing the math on how many months it gives me to train.  Exactly nine.  Hmm....

I thought about it all week, wondering if it was something I was really interested in doing or not.  It still sounded appealing to me over the weekend, so I brought it up to Ken on the way home from St. Louis.  He asked me a few questions about the training, mainly if I could handle it.  I told him I know I can do it, I just need to commit to it.  He told me to go for it but only if I go all out.  No half assing it. 

And with that, I have just registered myself for Ironman Louisville on August 26, 2012.  It took me a moment to hit submit.  I walked back to our copy room feeling a little panicked and the girls told me I can do it.  Signing up is the hard part right? 

So here we go.  I have nine months to turn myself into an Ironman.  Is it bad that I am already thinking about what cute outfit to wear during the run?

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

You are crazy.

There is no logic behind this! Haha :) good luck!