Wednesday, November 16, 2011

NYC Day 5 & 6...

I had debated all week if I wanted to go to Serendipity 3 for a frozen hot chocolate.  I finally decided that we had to go.  I wanted the hot chocolate as my reward for running the marathon. 

Isn't it cute?

Ken was less than thrilled about waiting in line for the place to open.  It was such a good sport!

Here is the reason we came!  It was so good!  In case you are wondering if I shared with Ken, well, I did.  He loved it too, so you know it had to be good.

It was yummy!  As an added bonus, they had started to put up their Christmas decor!

Since Monday was our last full day, we walked over to Central Park on the way back to our apartment.  I could not get enough of the park!


I loved the carriages!  If there would have been snow and if Christmas decorations would have been up, I would have made sure to go on a carriage ride.  Consider yourself lucky Ken!


At Central Park

On our way to the subway, we saw a group of people standing around and a bunch of lights.  We look over and Ken says, look its Mario Lopez!  First off, Ken totally loses a few cool points for recognizing AC Slater before me.  I busted out the camera and got a picture.  Mario ran the marathon on Sunday as well.  In case you are wondering, I totally beat him.  Yes, that is right, I beat AC Slater.  :)

One thing we were excited about, was getting to go to the 9/11 Memorial.  The monument was beautiful.

We walked thru several security checkpoints to get in.



One of the new towers under construction











Since we were already downtown, we walked along the water and to Battery Park to see the Statue of Liberty.



I hate that this picture is dark



Ken's favorite picture

He was such a trooper the entire trip, not saying anything about me dragging him all over. 

Ken did not sleep well Monday night and he was up super early on Tuesday.  He woke me up and asked me if I wanted to go down to the Today Show.  Um yeah!!!  I have been watching the Today Show since I was 15.  I adore Matt Lauer!  I was so bummed because I knew Matt was gone on his Where in the World is Matt Lauer tour, but that did not stop us.  I was smiling like a kid the entire time.  It was like Christmas!



Here comes Al Roker!


Al came around and to tell everyone hello.  Did I mention that he shook my hand? 

Ann Curry came out next.  She was so pretty!

She told everyone hi as well.  It was the perfect ending to a perfect trip!

After the Today Show, it was time to head to the airport.  I love to go on vacation, but when it comes to traveling home, I get so irritated and just want to get home.  We had a blast and enjoyed spending so much time together.  Thanks Ken for taking me on such a great trip!


No comments: