Wednesday, November 16, 2011

New York City Day 1 & 2....

Ken and I got back from New York last week.  We had such a fun trip, but were absolutely exhausted from all of the walking, all of the siteseeing, and of course, the marathon.  I am so grateful for this trip and that I was finally able to see things in New York that I have wanted to see for a long time.

We flew into New York on Thursday night.  It was so cool to see the city with all of the lights on.  It reminded me of the beginning of Friends.  We made our way to our apartment and then went out for dinner and to Times Square.  To say I was excited was an understatement.

I am in Times Square!

I had to get a picture of where the ball drops on New Years Eve

Ken was less than thrilled about all of the picture taking.  Sorry Ken, we were in New York!
Here we are on Broadway

On Friday we went to the Expo.  Have I mentioned how much I hate Expos?  I am so not a fan of them.  I would have ordered the shirt I ended up getting online, but they did not have XS online and I had to get it at the actual Expo.  We thought it would be less crowded on Friday.  Maybe it was, but it was still packed!  We looked around, got my Asics hoody, my packet, and got out of there as soon as we could. 

I wanted to go to Soho, so this meant we needed to figure out the subway system.  We ended up making it, although, I was confused the entire time that they were not called colors like they are in Chicago.  They were all different colors on the map though.  I kept calling one the red line and Ken kept reminding me that it was not Chicago! 

We stopped for lunch at The Antique Garage.  It was a super cute place that used to be a garage.  The we walked around for a while just taking in everything. 

We stopped at a Japanese coffee house for coffee and a latte.  Ken said it was by far his favorite coffee the entire trip.  Here he is, intriqued by how they are making it in the beaker things.  Ken is wearing his backpack to sherpa my stuff.  What a good husband he is!

In Soho getting ready to take the subway back to midtown

Look Mom, there is a bus!

We ended our wonderful day with sushi and then we went to see Wicked!  I had seen Wicked in Kansas City a few years ago and loved it.  I was so excited that Ken was going to see it.  I knew he would love it!

I so loved watching Ken smile and laugh during the entire show.  We had really good seats, Happy Birthday to me!

No comments: