Monday, January 10, 2011

Week 1...

Week one of marathon training is in the books for a total of 26.50 miles.  Here is what it looked like...

Monday - 1 hour on bike trainer

Tuesday - 6.25 miles at the gym with speedwork (54:24)

Wednesday - 2.0 mile walk with Kya

Thursday - 7.25 mile tempo run outside (1:01:46)

Friday - rest

Saturday - 45 minutes on bike trainer

Sunday - 13 miles at the gym (1:58:12) and 4.0 mile walk with Ken and Kya at the dog park

All in all, a very good week.  I am very excited about this training cycle.  I am looking to really challenge myself with speed work this time around to try to qualify for Boston.  I know it is not going to be easy, but here is to a lot of hard work coming my way!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Which marathon are you going to try to qualify for Boston at? At one point you said you were going to try and qualify at Chicago, is that still the one??? YEA!
I hope I'm there this year, I'm still pissed that I didn't get to run with you last year.