Saturday, June 19, 2010

The New Plan...

I am planning on trying out the Run Less Run Faster training plan this time around.  I wrote a training schedule, which is huge.  Normally I kind of make up everything as I go and just make sure that I get my long runs in and hit a certain mileage each week. 

I am one week in and so far I like the plan!  I did 800's on Tuesday and a tempo run on Thursday and just finished my long run of 13 miles.  Week one is complete!  I really am trying to focus on quality vs. quantity this time around.  Plus, I really have enjoyed riding my bike lately whether it is on the trainer in the basement or outside with Ken.  16 weeks left until Chicago!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! You know I LOVE this plan and you will too. And guess what...I am running Chicago too soooo I MUST meet you!!!!!!!!

Fran said...

Since I've started running I've read a lot about it and quality above quantity is better everywhere I read it so I think you've made a smart decision by doing this.