Monday, July 12, 2010

Ooops!

So I set out to do my long run yesterday around noon.  It had been raining a little bit and I asked my husband (who is obsessed with checking the weather on his blackberry) if the storm was going to hit us and if I was free to go run outside.  He said that I should be okay, I might get rained on but that was it. 

So I was having one of those great runs.  I felt great, like running was effortless.  I even ran up a few of the hills I like to run on.  Great right?  I ran out about 2.65 miles from our house and turned around so that I could run home and refill my water bottle and I noticed a little bit of ligtning.  I thought hmm, I better book it.  I saw the clouds but thought if I can make it to the Hideout (shout out to my girl Michelle!) that I can call Ken and he can come and get me.  About a quarter of a mile from the Hideout (the sad thing is all of my girlfriends know exactly what I am talking about when I say the Hideout), it starts pouring!  Wind picks up and it is pouring!  I grab my phone to call Ken and see he has already called me.  He answers and is mad that I am out in the storm and is looking for me.  I tell him where I am and he comes to find me.  Nice husband.  :)

Just before he pulls up, a car that had driven past me once came back by to ask me if I needed a lift.  I told them (husband and wife) thank you, but my husband is right behind you.  I got in the car with Ken and proceeded to get a nice lecture about how dumb it was to be out in the storm.  Yeah, it started raining so hard that you could not see and the roads were starting to flood.  Oops!

He kept asking me what I planned on doing.  I told him I was going to make it to the Hideout and call him from the porch.  I was almost there and could have made it but he freaked me out by telling me to get off the road.  So yes, I will take the Idiot Award this month.

I did finish my run on the treadmill a total of 13.25 miles.  I did look like a drowned rat by the time I was finished, between the rain and sweating.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have went into the Hideout & ordered a beer & pickled egg :) Michelle