Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Last Race as a 28 Year Old!

I decided at the last minute to run in a half marathon on Saturday.  This was the third time I have run this race and it was even my first half marathon. 

Ken was out of town and for some reason he wanted me to run this race instead of running outside by myself.  I was using this race as a training run and finished in 2:06:XX.  Not my best time, but not my worst.  It was officially the last race for me as a 28 year old!

This morning Kya and I got up early and ran six miles.  Ken told me I was crazy and I told him that there is no better way to start my birthday than by getting up and running with my girl.  Oh and she heard me get up out of bed (the alarm had not even gone off yet) and was up in our room so excited!  I think I made her morning!

5 comments:

Terri said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I think that running on your birthday is a terrific way to start!
Shadow started sleeping in our room a few days ago. I finally put a bed on the floor for him. Its funny how they seem to love running and figure the routine out quickly.
Many blessings on your birthday race!!

Wendy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I agree w/Terri, that's a great way to start your birthday!!

Marathon Maritza said...

Yay for bday runs!!! HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!!!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Good idea- using the race as a training run! You've got water stops and lots of runners to keep you company. Great finishing time, too!

Happy birthday!

Laura said...

I did not realize till I saw this post. That your "bad running" you were talking about was a race. Don't worry it is just the taper and you get those feelings! Your ready