Thursday, August 27, 2009

Behind on Posting...

I am not sure what I have been busy doing, but I have not had time to post any of my runs lately!


Over the weekend, Ken and I bought bikes! I mentioned to him that I wanted to train for a triathlon, and he must have been excited because we bought bikes the next day! I was a little rusty on the bike. I had not ridden a bike in about 10-15 years. It was a lot of fun and I look forward to long bikes rides. I was a little disappointed that I could not get a pink bike, but I was able to get a pink helmet!


Here is a run down of my activity lately:
Wednesday, 8/19 - Ran three miles on the treadmill since it was raining when I got home. I did a little hill training. I ran 3 x 400 hills. What fun...
Thursday, 8/20 - Had dinner with a friend and ran three miles after dinner (boy was I stuffed). It was cool enough that Miss Kya was able to run with me. After we ran, I went to the gym and did arm weights. Kya also got to walk a mile afterward.
Saturday, 8/22 - Road 10 miles on my new bike with Ken. My brother came over for a BBQ and I did not have time to run.
Sunday, 8/23 - Walked Kya three miles, road my bike 7.3 miles, and ran six miles outside on my hill course. Trust me, my hill course is really not that hilly, but you take what you can get in Kansas.
Monday, 8/24 - Ran 3.5 miles, biked 7.5 miles, and walked Kya one mile.
Tuesday, 8/25 - did not feel well and only walked Kya 1.25 miles.
Wednesday, 8/26 - Ran six miles at the gym, lifted arm weights, and walked Kya one mile.
I am going to sign up for the Lewis and Clarke Half Marathon in St. Louis. I am running this with my friend Laura who lives in St. Louis. I do not think I am super prepared, but I think it will be fun and good training!

1 comment:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

The new bikes sound like fun!

When's the half marathon?