Friday, July 29, 2022

Europe 2022 Day 9: Rainy day in Lauterbrunnen

We woke up on Friday knowing the forecast was for rain for a large part of the day.  I enjoyed my first run down the valley and then we had breakfast at the hotel. 


My running view down the valley. It never gets old. The clouds were starting to move in around the mountains.


Blue skies in the other direction.

As I was running, I saw a family with the mom trying to get pictures of her family. I stopped and insisted that she get in the photo as well and that I would take some pictures for them. She did not speak a lot of English but was so grateful. I was so happy that she will now be in the beautiful photos that she was taking of her family.



I snapped this beautiful shot of little Lauterbrunnen before heading back to the hotel.

I ran back to the hotel and enjoyed coffee and breakfast with Ken. The rain that was in the forecast kept getting moved back so after breakfast, we decided to take a walk down the valley.

We did not intend to walk all the way to the Murren cable car, but we did. We ended up at one of our favorite little spots to stop for drinks, so we stopped and enjoyed a few beverages.



We have been stopping here for a few years. It is called Marjin's but we named it Margie's.


We finished our drinks and started walking back towards Lauterbrunnen, which is approximately three miles from our drink spot. We were about a quarter of a mile into our walk and it started raining. We continued on and it really started raining. I decided I would run back to the hotel because it was quite chilly!

I have no shame


I found a barn with an overhang and stopped to wait for Ken as the rain started to let up a bit. We continued back into Lauterbrunnen together.



Walking by my favorite house in the valley


We went back to the hotel to warm up for a while. We relaxed and later decided to go walk around town and find a spot for lunch. 


So mysterious with the clouds


Ken edited the photo a bit, which I think is really cool!


We found a spot for lunch sat outside and enjoyed some soup. It started pouring again and we watched people scramble around in the rain. We were nice and cozy with our wine.


Enjoying my wine in the rain


Camping Jungfrau had a folk night planned for the night, so we eventually walked down to Camping Jungfrau and found a little table at the bar where we were last night. We enjoyed wine and sausages for dinner. It was so fun watching the yodeling and alp horns.


The start of Folk Night


A little yodeling


It was very fun to get to watch Swiss Folk Night!


It was raining on and off while we were at Camping Jungfrau, but thankfully we were covered. We waited for the rain to let up and made our way back to Hotel Stabbauch. We had a great day all around Lauterbrunnen, despite the rain!



No comments: