Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Arizona...

Last month my friend Veronica and I went to Phoenix for a girls' getaway.  We had a lot of fun relaxing and enjoying the sunshine!

We stayed at the Biltmore for a few nights and then drove to Sedona for a night so we could do a little hiking and visit one of the wineries.  It was Veronica's first time to go to Arizona and she was a big, big fan!


The Biltmore grounds are so beautiful


Veronica poolside and celebrating that she is sans kids!


Poolside pina coladas are my favorite!


The beautiful Catalina Pool, where Marilyn Monroe used to hang out when she visited the Biltmore


Enjoying wine and charcuterie at Paige Springs Vineyards.  We enjoyed the seating by the creek where we were treated with the siting of a bald eagle.

We were up early to hike to Devil's Bridge

Can you believe this was Veronica's first ever hike???

On the Devil's Bridge.  Being on the bridge was not scary at all and I am absolutely terrified of drop offs these days.  

We soaked up every bit of sunshine we could!


We had a great girls' trip.  Veronica and I work together at the hospital and have been in a lot of high-stress situations together.  It was so nice for us to get away and just RELAX.  Any trip to the dessert always reminds me how much I love it.  I cannot wait for the next trip back!



No comments: