Wednesday, September 19, 2018

A Day in Vail...

We woke up on Sunday and the girls all prepared their things for their evening flight back to Kansas City.  We decided that we would all go back to Lionshead Village to enjoy lunch on the patio of a Tex-Mex restaurant. 

Everyone walked and I kind of hobbled over to Lionshead.  I was feeling okay, it just took me a bit to get going.  Once I was moving, I was fine.  We enjoyed our lunch complete with the worst fajitas Ken has ever experienced. 

There was a market going on in Vail Village so we kind of dilly dallied around looking at things.  After that we walked back to our condo and the girls left to make their way back to Denver.  Ken and I had debated about driving halfway home, but we instead decided to spend the remainder of the day in Vail.

We decided to drive back up in the direction we did on Thursday and find a place to hang our hammocks and enjoy some wine and snacks.  I have to say, it was my favorite thing that we did on this trip.

Having such an amazing time in my Hobo Hammock!

It was such a beautiful day


We were talking, laughing, and enjoying the day when Ken heard a very loud noise.  I had no idea what he thought it was and he got up to look at the small pond that was behind us and he spotted a moose.  He was so excited and I was pretty excited too.  He had mentioned to Katie that he hoped to see one and I could not believe that we were staring at a moose!


Looking through the trees at our new friend

My favorite picture of the day, Ken sneaking up to get a picture of the moose

We were so lucky to see a moose!
We hung out for a while, just enjoying the weather and time together before driving back down the mountain.  The sun was starting to set and it was beautiful.

Beautiful scenery above Vail

We ordered pizza takeout, enjoyed a bottle of wine, and watched a horrible horror movie before heading to bed.  We woke up the next morning and made the long drive back to Kansas City.  We always enjoy our time in Colorado and even though this trip did not completely go as planned, it was definitely something I will always remember.  Until next time Colorado!


No comments: