Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Vacation Planning...

We have been putting the final touches on our next European vacation.  It took me a while to get everything situated, as I was unsure about what we would do for three days in the middle.  After a lot of thought and discussion, we have our plans set!

We will start off by visiting Lake Como, Italy.  This is an area that I have always wanted to visit and Ken was dead set on making sure I got to go there.  I am so excited about kayaking on the lake, going on a hike or two, and wandering around the promenade with gelato in tow.





After we leave Lake Como, we are headed to the Italian Riviera!  A lot of people visit Cinque Terre, but we have decided to visit a hidden gem on the riviera called Camogli.  We have a day of hiking planned which will take us to Portofino for lunch and a drink and hopefully we will find time to sit and relax on an Italian beach.

Camogli fishing harbor, Source



After Camogli, we are headed back to beautiful Lauterbrunnen for six nights!  I am so excited about our extended time here that I cannot stand it.  We have our fingers crossed that we will have a few clear days so that we can go on a few big hikes.  I can hardly wait to be back in what I think is the most beautiful place in the world.  Ken and I are so excited to celebrate his new decade of life in our favorite place!

The beautiful Lauterbrunnen Valley!

Here's hoping for a few days like this!


1 comment:

Wendy said...

Keri, I somehow stumbled on your blog from doing a Google Search of Lauterbrunnen Valley. I too live in Kansas (Overland Park) and we are traveling this summer to Europe: Bacharach Germany, Riquewihr France, Lauterbrunnen Switz, Mittenwald Germany, Salzburg Aust, Prague Czechia.

This is our family blog: theconnellychronicles.blogspot.com

I would love to learn more from you about Lauterbrunnen. We're taking the kids and want to plan our time well. My email is wendyleia@yahoo.com (I don't check my gmail address). I'd love to connect and get your advice.

Thanks! Happy travels!
Wendy