Monday, April 3, 2017

Saturday Shenanigans...

Between running 100 miles and me working three in a row at the hospital, it really felt as if I had not gotten to see Ken all that much.  So when he asked me if I wanted to spend Saturday meandering around Kansas City, I was all in!

Thankfully, I got to sleep in for awhile and then we headed to the Crossroads area to explore.  Our first stop was Brewery Emperial for an appetizer and a little beer tasting.  We enjoyed some black bean and chorizo meatballs and a flight of beers.  Of favorites were the Biscuit and Kristall Weizen.

A delicious flight of beers

After Brewery Emperial, we walked to Tom's Town Distilling Co for a cocktail and lunch.  I really liked this place.  Ken had been there before for work events, but this was my first time to check it out.   I had a Pinky Blitz and Ken had their version of an Old Fashion.

Ken enjoying his cocktail

 I told Ken that Saturday's festivities were a lot easier than the previous Saturday's!

I thought the bar area was gorgeous!


While we were enjoying our cocktails, Ken told me he had a surprise on our way home.  I had no clue what it might be and was very surprised when we turned onto a street and I saw a big E sign and on the door it said Christopher Elbow.  Now, if you know me, you know how much I love chocolate and Christopher Elbow chocolates are definitely super high up on my list.

Ken took me inside and told me to pick whatever I wanted.  I ended up selecting my own custom box of chocolates and was simply amazed at such a sweet surprise.

Very happy to have gotten to pick my own selection of Christopher Elbow!

Such a thoughtful and sweet surprise.

Saturday was one of those days that I always look back at and smile.  I love meandering around town with Ken and just spending the day together.  


No comments: