Wednesday, January 11, 2017

I Passed the NCLEX-RN!

That's right, I am officially a Registered Nurse.  I took the test on Wednesday last week at 1:00 pm.  I had been studying for the test every day since December 1st and in reality, I had been answering NCLEX style questions since the summer.  In my opinion answering the questions is the best way to be successful.

The NCLEX can be anywhere from 75 questions up to 265 questions, depending on where you fall within the passing line.  I am very grateful that I only received 75 questions.  I am not sure I would have had the patience to answer 265 questions!  I packed myself a snack to put in the locker, in the event that I would be there long enough for a break.

My NCLEX snack, because, why not?

Thank goodness I did not end up being there long enough to need a break and get to eat my snack.  I took about an hour to answer my 75 questions and high tailed it out of there!  I got to the car and called one of my nursing school friends to ask her if she thought I passed or not.  Lucky for me, I got the confirmation on Friday that I passed!  

For any people that will be taking the NCLEX, I recommend Kaplan questions.  I did not take the actual Kaplan course, but did do the Q bank questions and tests and found them to be the best example of how the questions are worded on the NCLEX.

For now, I am super excited that I am no longer having to spend my time studying.  Less time studying means more time running!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Congratulations!!!!! That's so exciting! I work with a lot of registered nurses, and I can tell how much they all deeply love their work. I hope you find the same joy in it as I see them experience!