Monday, July 6, 2015

Independence Day...

Usually, we have big plans on the 4th of July.  We like to have friends over or go out of town. This year, we did none of that.  We relaxed all the way.  We were originally going to go out of town, but Ken had some stuff come up at work, so we decided to postpone our trip for a bit.

I started the day off with spin class.  Can I just say how much I love going to spin class?  I try to go two times a week and would really go more if I was not running or swimming.  After spin class, Ken and I drove to the big city of Fort Scott, KS to check out their 1848 history show.  Yeah, that really was not too exciting.  We did have a great lunch at a local bar, so it was not a complete bust.

On our way home, we stopped at our favorite place, Somerset Ridge, for a quick bottle of wine and to hear some music.

In the summer, we heart rose wine at our house!

We ended our evening hanging out by the fire and watching the firework displays that our visible from our backyard. It was the perfect, low key night.

Fire + this new fun drink I found = a great evening!

The two of us girls enjoying our night!

Happy Birthday America!!



No comments: