Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Gobbler Grind...

Back in October my friend Tara text me and asked me if I knew of any half marathons in KC in November.  I quickly told her about the Gobbler Grind half that I had run a few times.  

She decided that the race was the perfect race for her to finish her season.  So, we both thought it was a good idea to sign up for the race.

That was back in October before it was 12 degrees.

When I saw the forecast was going to be 12 in the morning, I was thinking that if Tara had not come all the way from Columbia, that I would have backed out.  I can run 13 miles on the treadmill at the gym.  But I did not cancel and ran the race.

It was 12 degrees at the start and 15 degrees at the finish.

It was freezing.  I have never been that cold before.

We are frozen and have not even started yet.

Tara decided not to wear gloves.  She told me her hands never get that cold.  Well, she wished she would have worn gloves after all.

I finally warmed up at mile 3, only to be frozen again at mile 10.  

I saw ice in people's hair.  Yeah, it was cold.

We both made it and had a lot of fun.

Until next time Tara!


No comments: