Sunday, September 29, 2013

Two Weeks Away...

The Chicago Marathon is two weeks from today.  It is hard to believe that it is almost here.  It seemed like I had like eight months to train for the darn thing and then bam!  it is here.

Am I in as good of shape as I had hoped to be?

Nope.  

Am I worried about it?

Nope.  

It is funny how after being all uptight about training for an Ironman, how your perspective changes a little bit when it comes to training for a marathon.

My longest long run was 16 miles.  I ran 16 miles three or four times, I cannot remember.  Two of those times was in the 80 degree weather, which has to be good since each time I run Chicago it is a billion degrees.

That brings up another point.  What are the chances of a nice Fall like day on October 13th?  My long run today with Susan was 48 degrees when we started.  

I bet you a Pumpkin Spice Latte it is not that cold on October 13th.  Since I am running Chicago, it is bound to be unseasonable warm in Chicago that day.  

80 degrees or not, I will still be wandering around downtown Chicago in my knee high boots during my trip.  
A girl has got to have priorities.  And cute clothes to wear.   

No comments: