Friday, September 6, 2013

Colorado Trip: Day 4...

On Saturday we loaded up and made our way to Estes Park to meet up with our friend Renee and her family.  We had not seen them in two years or so, so it was so nice to get together.  Renee moved to the area a little over a year ago, so it was nice to hang out with a local.

Our first stop was Rocky Mountain National Park.

Longs Peak from inside RMNP.  I would have loved to have hiked up the thing, but I am not sure anyone else was in agreement.

We had decided to take a short hike to Cub Lake.  I took a lot of pictures and below are some of my favorites.









Ken and our crew stopping to take in the view.

Ken's new thing is to try to take pictures of everyone behind him while he is hiking.  

Unfortunately for him, they usually look like this:

Bless his heart.

As we got closer to the like, we realized that this area was part of a fire the year prior.  It was sad and really cool at the same time to be able to see.



The lake was really pretty with lily pads everywhere.  I searched all over for a frog on one of the lily pads, but never found one.

I did spot these ducks though!

Even with everything that the fire destroyed, these pretty flowers were growing.

There is a 99% chance that I am looking for frogs out on the lake.

Our crew relaxing by the lake


With my favorite guy, who for the record has since shaved off his beard.




The view of the lake going down the other side of the trail

It was unbelievable to see the damage the fire had done.

Our group

There I am standing next to Ken in all my 4'10 glory

You had to know that a picture of Ken and his signature pose would appear at some point, right?

I could not believe all of the charred trees.

Hanging out at the pools at the bottom of the mountain




On our way out of the park, we saw this guy.

After our hiking adventure, we went into downtown Estes and did a little shopping.  My favorite part of the day was when Ken and I were joking with an elderly lady at one of the shops.  She looked at us and told us that she can only imagine the fun the two of us have together.  It was so sweet.  

After shopping and dinner, we went back to Renee's to hang out by the fire.  I ended up making a new friend that probably misses me so much.

Me and Tiny Tim

We had such a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Can't believe we were in downtown Estes Park on the same day at the same time & didn't even know it!

So glad to hear Ken has gotten rid of the beard :)

HT