Wednesday, May 8, 2013

On a Mission...

On top of working, attending classes, running, and everything else I do on a daily basis, I decided to add one more goal to the list:  try every cupcake at Gigi's Cupcakes.

I know, I really should not put such strict goals on myself.

My friends have all heard me rave about the cupcakes at Gigi's.  They are just too good for words.  They are very icing heavy, so if you are at all like me, you find each bite to be a bit of heaven.

A few weeks ago I realized that I was stopping by Gigi's once a week and getting two cupcakes.  You know, one for me and one for Ken.  Or more like, one for me and one to split with Ken, if he's lucky.  :)  So I figured why not make it a goal to test every cupcake they make?  I mean, I am going to be training for the Chicago Marathon again, I am going to need the fuel.

Without further ado, here are the first round of cupcakes:  I give you Margarita and Chocolate Salted Carmel. 

Side note:  I bought these cupcakes on a Friday night while Ken was out of town.  I called Michelle and told her I had two cupcakes and that Ken was out of town and I was going home to eat both of them.  Eat both of them I did.   

Come to mama

I was a little skeptical about the margarita flavored cupcake, but it was quite delicious.  It is not something that I would eat on a regular basis, but it was good for a change. 

About the chocolate salted carmel, well, I could not inhale this thing fast enough.  It has this gooey carmel surprise on the inside, making it super moist.  It short, it was delicious.

Yummy! 

No comments: