Monday, December 17, 2012

Deck the Halls...

We had quite the busy weekend!  We had a birthday party to attend on Friday night, that included adult go cart racing.  I am not so sure I have ever driven a go cart before, but given the way I drive my car at times, it could be scary!

We had a little time to kill before going to the birthday party, so we stopped off at Hobby Lobby to see if there were any Christmas decorations that I could not live without.

I found a singing Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.  Of course I hit the button to make it sing.  I was completely in love until I noticed...

The Abominable Snowman!  This is my I think I love him face.  He sang too!

All smiley and ready to race some go carts!  Spoiler alert, I had to have a booster seat to be able to drive.  It is the story of my life being 4'10!

Mike and Ken are ready to take off.  Too bad it was girls racing with girls and guys racing with guys.  I would have loved to raced with the boys to cut a few of them off!

While I had to have a booster seat and my pedals adjusted, Mr. here could barely even fit in the darn thing.  Ah, the story of his life.

Well, if I am completely honest, I must admit that I had to have TWO booster seats because I am just too freaking tiny!  I probably could have used a third, but I was too afraid to ask.  Yes, I look awfully scary here with my mean face and two booster seats...

Saturday night we decided to cruise thru Starbucks for a latte and drive around to look at Christmas lights.  We found a listing online of houses in Southern Johnson County that go overboard.  Oh and guess who went with us?

That would be Miss Angel.  She loves going bye bye in the car, so we figured she would like the lights as well.  She loved it!  

One of the neighborhoods has 23 houses that takes part. It is so pretty!


On Sunday, Jill and Avery picked me up so we could do a little last minute shopping.  If I am being honest, I must say that Jill and I were shopping for ourselves and not others.  Merry Christmas to us!

I was watching Avery while Jill was paying and she ran over to this rack and started picking things out saying I want that!  It was priceless.  I guess the apple does not fall far from the tree.

She is such a mess!

No comments: