Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Rim to Rim to Rim Trip, Day One...

Ken and I went on what seems to becoming a yearly tradition, a trip to the Grand Canyon to hike rim to rim to rim (R2R2R). 

What a fun trip this is every year.  Last year, I hiked both South to North and North to South.  Ken wanted to hike both ways as well, but he ended up with terrible blisters on the bottom of his feet, keeping him from hiking.  There was one goal this year, for Ken to hike both ways.  Did he make it?  You will have to wait and see.  :)

Our first day is always a pool day in Phoenix.  This honestly, is my favorite day of the entire trip.  I had my drinks planned out, start with a pina colada, have a banana daquari, and finish with a mudslide.  Pure perfection!  Yes, I am a light weight and three drinks are plenty for me. 

Our pool day was a blast and I even managed to slip away to complete a one mile swim.  Look at me, brining Ironman training on vacation!  A few tan lines later, we ended our evening with dinner at a Different Pointe of View ontop of the cliff at our hotel. 

In case it is not completely obvious, unlike me, Ken did have more than three drinks at the pool.  :)

Katie and me

Our entire group, and what a great group of people!

Our table at dinner had so much fun!  Four of the girls are ICU nurses, so they shared a few stories with us.  I also shared the story of Ken's torn labia with them and Molly almost choked on her dinner from laughing so hard.  That story never gets old.  

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ah - I LOVE the "torn labia" story :)

Lindsay said...

Great turn out of friends! Do they all come to GC every year?

How does ken feel about his torn "labia"? Haha