Saturday, October 22, 2011

Next Up, the NYC Marathon...

Have I mentioned lately how excited I am about the New York City Marathon this year?  It is two weeks away and the anticipation is killing me!

Ken asked me how to train for a marathon four weeks after a marathon.  I told him I really had no idea, other than just to stay injury free and try to recover from Chicago.  I did a little Googling and found a plan that was exactly like what I had in mind. 

You spend the first week recovering and then just run to keep your legs fresh and go right back into taper.  I have a kind of long run planned for tomorrow morning.  I am planning on running 12 miles just to make sure I remember how to run longer than seven.  :)

Did I mention my Wicked tickets came in the mail?  I am sooooo excited to see this musical on Broadway and have Ken watch it.  I can hardly contain my excitement!  Especially since I was just sure I was going to re-fracture my leg running the Chicago Marathon.  Speaking of that, Ken stepped on my left foot this morning and I of course shouted to him that it was my broken foot and he hurt it.  Yeah, my foot has been healed for three years.  I guess you can say I am dramatic. 

Go Cardinals!  Let's beat Texas!!!!

No comments: