Thursday, August 18, 2011

15 Miles...

I had 15 miles on the schedule for last weekend.  Oh who am I kidding, I really do not follow a training schedule, I make it up as I go along.  I have an idea of my long runs each week and just run around that.  I like it this way because I do not feel married to a schedule and do not have beat myself up if I switch things around or skip something.  I know this way is not for everyone, but it works for me.

Anyway, back to the 15 miles.  This would be longest run since the whole Tibby incident back in May.  I went to bed plenty early, work up early, and started so that I could beat the heat.  The weather was much cooler than it has been, but it was still pretty warm.  I am hoping that Chicago will be a decent temperature this year and not blazing hot like last year.

I ran hills, I ran downhills, I ran on flat terrain.  I saw a skunk, cows, and bicyclists.  It was entertaining.  I am just thrilled that I am back to longer runs.  I have 16 or 17 in mind for this weekend.  Who knows, I might get all crazy and just run 18.  I like to party like that.

No comments: