Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Meet Me at the Arboretum...

Last night, Ken and I had a date at the Overland Park Arboretum.  I met him there after work and we hiked six miles on the trails.  This has quickly become our favorite area to hike in preparing for our Grand Canyon trek.  We get a good mix of hills going up and down and walking on something other than pavement.  We were even treated to seeing about a million deer.  Yes, there was a million, I counted. 

We are quickly getting more prepared for our big hike.  Ken's furthest hike so far is 12 miles with a plan of hiking 15 miles in a few weeks.  To say that I am proud of him would be an understatement.

Me on the otherhand, I am trekking a long with running, trying to stay in shape prior to training for Chicago.  I have six months to get faster.  It is going to be a tough one! 

Here is the summary of last week:

Monday - 5 mile hike with Ken and Kya
Trainer ride for 15 minutes

Tuesday - 6.25 miles at the gym
1.5 mile walk with Ken and Kya

Wednesday - 4 miles outside
1 mile walk with Kya
Trainer ride for 30 minutes

Thursday - 6 miles at the gym
1 mile walk with Kya

Friday - Trainer ride for 30 minutes

Saturday - 12 miles outside on my hilly route
1 mile walk with Kya

Sunday - 3 miles at the gym
2 mile walk with Kya
Trainer ride for 30 minutes

I am trying to add 15 minutes of activity here and there to burn off all of the Easter candy.  :)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Sounds like a great week!