Monday, August 23, 2010

When It's Hot It's Hot...

Sunday morning I set out to run my long run with Susan.  I knew it was going to be another HOT morning.  You would think that I would have gotten some salt tablets, but I still relied on out faithful...Morton's Table Salt.  I think at this point, I should just keep the canister in my car. 

Susan asked me how far I was running.  I shrugged my shoulders and said I am not sure.  Since I ran 16 miles last week, I was okay with running shorter this week, but also thought that if I was feeling great, I might run more.  Um, let's just say that the last part did not happen. 

I was thirsty.  Man, oh man, was I thirsty.  I just could not drink enough.  I knew it was going to be a long morning when we ran past Sonic and I wanted to order a large cherry vanilla Diet Coke.  That is all I could think about after we ran by there.  I ended up only running 12.25 miles.  I will call this a step back week. 

All in all, it was decent run.  I was soaked after we finished.  When I got in my car, I noticed that the temperature was 81 degrees, at 8:15 am.  Summer, it is okay for you to leave Kansas City, I have had enough. 

My husband did remind me of two things:
  1. I told you it was going to be hot. 
  2. Oh just wait, you will be whining about the cold and ice soon enough.
Thanks Ken.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Haha! I hear ya, it was hot here too. And I'm looking forward to the snow!

You asked me if I was in an open corral at Chicago and you know what? I honestly don't remember! I've been trying to figure that out ever since I got your comment. I'm hoping to break 4 hours too. :)

Lindsay said...

LOL, Ken is so supportive :) we do tend to enjoy complaining about the weather all year long though. 12mi in the heat is still good enough for me! Maybe you can rig up the canister of morton's with a handheld strap - salt in one hand, water bottle in the other ;)