Friday, April 30, 2010

The Need for Speed...

The Summer of 2010 is officially the Summer of speed work!  I am not "officially" starting my Chicago Marathon training until July, and I am planning on using the next few months to dedicate to speed work.  Doesn't that sound like fun? 

I have been trying to do one tempo run per week and one interval session per week.  So far, I have done one tempo run and two interval sessions.  My second tempo run is tonight. Assuming I do this run, the first two weeks will be a success!

I would love to hear your favorite workouts to get faster!  I am doing 400's, 800's and will add mile repeats later. Any input is appreciated!

2 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

For various reasons (age, triathlons, injuries, focus on marathons), most of my speed work is in swimming and biking. My faster running is usually only tempo runs.

Good luck with your speed training and sorry to hear about getting braces for the 2nd time.

Anonymous said...

Speed work works! It really, really works -do it. I promise, you will get faster. I PROMISE! look at me -shining example!!! xoxo