Friday, September 4, 2009

Poor Little Piggy...

We have a piper down, I repeat a piper is down! Yep, we have a toenail fatality! My second toe on my right foot, has a toenail that is barely hanging on. I am used to losing toenails, but I normally lose them after a new one has grown behind it, but not this time. It looks really hot!

It looks like no pedicures for me for awhile! I have not had one since our wedding at the end of May anyway. My toenails were all kind of gross from running and I have two on my left foot that are growing back. Gross!

If you are wondering if my shoes are too small, they are not. I wear a size five shoe (yes very small, but I am only 4'10 so my feet match my body), and wear a size six running shoe and they are plenty big. I think the issues is that I curl my toes under when I run. Not sure why or how I do this, but after visiting my local running store, that is the conclusion. I just purchased toe socks by Injinji hoping that this might help. There is no help for my poor piggy though, please lets have a moment of silence....

Wednesday night running - 4.5 miles in 40:30
I had to hurry because we were taking Miss Kya to the park again to play. What a spoiled baby!

Thursday night running - 6.0 miles in 56:30 on the gym treadmill
I also did arm weights and walked Kya two miles after I got home.

2 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Is the pink blog background new? Nice!

Too bad about the toenail. I have some Injinji socks, but they're thinner than I like for most of my runs. I hope the new socks help.

Keri said...

thanks! I am a pink girl, so I just had to lose the white!