Friday, September 11, 2009

Busy Week...

Miss Kya with her favorite toy, the pumpkin!

I have been pretty busy this week with running.  I am planning on going to St. Louis tomorrow to run in the Lewis and Clark Half Marathon with my friend Laura.  It should be a lot of fun!

I was able to run my 10 miler on Saturday.  It was a terrible run.  I am not sure why it seemed so bad.  The weather was the same as it has been, so I cannot blame it on that.  At mile two I was wondering how I would even make it back home.  I ran by my house at mile four and told myself to run to five miles.  I ended up running seven miles and went inside and had a fun size Snickers as a snack.  I thought that I could finish the last three miles on the treadmill.  I walked down to the basement took one look at the treadmill, went back upstairs, and went outside and finished my run.  Ten miles...done.  I also took Kya for a three mile walk afterward.  Lucky little husky!

We went to Springfield to see one of my friends Saturday night and I came home Sunday.  I was tired on Sunday so I did not run like I had planned.  I guess staying up to 1:00 am is not my thing!

I ran six miles on Monday on my hilly route.  When I finished the last mile in the neighborhood, I decide to take Kya with me.  Kya also got to walk three miles that day as well.  Are you seeing a trend with Kya?  That girl will walk or run all day!  I have attached a picture of this spoiled baby.

I decided to run on the treadmill Tuesday night and was going to work on speed.  Ken came down when I was at 1.5 miles and asked me if he could practice his presentation in front of me.  Me, being the great wife that I am, stopped my run and went upstairs to help him out. 

I pushed my speedwork (if you can even call it that) to Wednesday.  I ran 3 x 400 with 400 rest in between.  I ended up running five miles total.  Kya walked two miles as well. 

Thursday I went to the gym and ran seven miles on the treadmill.  I ran the first 6.5 in one hour exactly.  I took the last half a mile easy as a cool down.  I also took Kya on a one mile walk.  Ken went with us, so we cut our walk short. 

In the morning I am off to St. Louis!  Hopefully, Sunday will be a great morning to run 13.1 miles!  This will be my furthest distance since the San Francisco Marathon!


ShirleyPerly said...

What a beautiful dog you have! I soooo wish I could have a dog but my husband and I travel too much and it wouldn't be fair to the dog. Can I use yours vicariously? :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog awhile back. Hope your St Louis half marathon went well!

Tina at Gotta Run Now said...

I bet you hear this all of the time when you take her running - what a really pretty dog!