Thursday, July 21, 2022

Kya

 On June 22, 2022, we said goodbye to our sweet Kya. She was almost 16 years old. She was Wonder Woman, a true force of nature. There is so much to say about our sweet girl, but I prefer to let the pictures do most of the talking.  She lived the best life.


March 1, 2007. The day my life changed forever.


One of my favorite photos of her. She was singing, being so very happy.


Being the boss of two cats


Her most very spot at our old house

Hiking 14ers with dad

Loving hiking in the snow

Just chilling

Again, in her favorite spot at our hold house. One of my favorite photos of her, showing off her almond eyes.

Snow, what snow? Make me come inside

Hiking with mom and dad


Proudly amusing us at Petco

That smile


Christmas morning with my babies

Ready to run with mom

Thanksgiving day hike with mom and dad

Clearly, she was not digging in the backyard. Clearly.

Hiking with dad

Colorado with mom

More Christmas shopping at Petco

Jet lag for everyone 

Breweries with dad


Coffee in Colorado with mom

Alpine lake wading in Colorado


Hanging with our besties

Summiting Grays Peak at 11 years old!

Lounging on mom

Summiting Mount Elbert at nine years old!


Visiting Somerset 

Just relaxing

Sisters


My Christmas girl


Happiness, such happiness

Hiking with dad

Our last walk before Lotti joined the family

Thelma and Louise

My two loves



My little Grinches

Christmas kisses



Stealing her baby sister's bone even though she did not chew bones!



She was the proudest big sister ever


When your baby sister just will not follow instructions


March 1, 2022

Ice cream!

Best friends since 2007

The most gorgeous girl

Final sister picture, proudly wearing their Pride scarves




There are not enough pictures or words to do Kya justice. She was simply the best. Everyone that met her loved her. She was my travel buddy, running partner, hiking partner, best friend, and the love of my love. There is not a moment that goes by that I will not miss her. 

Kya, I love you more today than yesterday.

No comments: