Saturday, April 24, 2021

Key West, Florida...

 Key West is one of those places that I have always wanted to visit, but we never have.  We had a long weekend back in January and thought it was the perfect time to check it off of our list.  It was going to *hopefully* be a celebration of me passing my nurse practitioner boards.  Spoiler alert:  I passed!

We stayed at the Reach Resort, which is one of the few hotels with a beach.  We did not really have a lot of plans for the weekend other than relaxing and eating our way around the island.

Ironically enough, there was snow on the ground when we left Kansas City.


The first order of business was lunch and an Aperol Spritz!


We went for a walk and the next thing you know we were at the other end of the island.  We found a brewery and stopped for some drinks.

Stopping off for drinks.  We loved all of the outdoor seating.


Sunset at our hotel

Sunset watching with an Aperol Spritz

Our hotel was absolutely beautiful!


If this picture does not make you laugh, I have no idea what is wrong with you!  It is the same robe, just different heights.  This may have been happening while we were ordering pizza delivery.  He will do anything to make me happy.


Did you even go to Key West if you do not have this photo?  Sadly,  I took this on a run and did not get one of Ken and me there.


Out for an amazing brunch with this suspicious character behind me.  


Enjoying the beach at the hotel

Oceanside Aperol Spritz.  In case you have not noticed, an Aperol Spritz is kind of my drink of choice.


Key West is beautiful with the sun shining!


Such a beautiful view at the Reach Resort.


We wrapped up our trip with an amazing brunch that included key lime mimosas followed by an amazing dinner with great fish.   

Time away is always good for the soul and I am glad that we got to check Key West off of our list.  We will think of this trip with great memories for quite a while.  Now only if we could recreate those key lime mimosas at home...



No comments: