Monday, May 7, 2018

April...

Not a lot has transpired around these parts this last month.  I had a horrible patient death at the beginning of April that was really rough.  I can be tough as nails but certain things can really rock your world when you have them for six shifts and then pass away. 

Anyways, on to happier moments!

We enjoyed Easter brunch at one of our favorite local restaurants.  Mimosas definitely make me smile!

Easter tradition is for Ken and me to split one of these amazing cinnamon rolls.  A fist fight almost broke out over who could have the most frosting.  I know Ken did not used to enjoy sweets, but it seems like my sweet tooth has started to rub off on him!


We took a lot of naps when time permitted


We also "killed" a lot of mice and were pretty proud of ourselves.


Kya spent as much time outside as possible and even created her own shade under her favorite tree.  Paws crossed because she is a lady and has manners.


This is me and my favorite surgery resident, Jamal.  I mean, there is just a slight height difference!


I volunteered at March for Babies for the 11 year and had Kyle and Katelyn join me for the fun!


This might be one of my favorite pictures so far this year.  Theo creeping in the background is classic!  By the way, he got to come outside and wanted nothing to do with it.  Apparently creeping at the back door is his specialty!


We have some exciting moments coming up over the next few weeks, including lots of time off of work for vacation!  I am, of course, still training for the Leadville 100 that is coming up in August!



No comments: