Wednesday, February 28, 2018

2017...

I know 2017 has been over for two months now, but it was such a wonderful year that I cannot help but look back at some of the wonderful memories!

January

I passed the NCLEX and started my job as a registered nurse in the ICU!  We went on a lot of hikes with Miss Kya to celebrate!

New Years' Day hike

NCLEX celebration hike complete with champagne



February

We celebrated Ken entering a new decade of life!

The birthday boy and his baby


March

I ran 100 miles which turned out to be the hardest thing I have ever done.  It was also the first time I had ever run beyond a marathon.

Receiving the best hug in the entire world


April


We enjoyed a lot of family time including playing frisbee golf around outside our house.  Theodore also visited the vet in his husky sized kennel.


Family frisbee golf game


Poor baby Theodore


May


I got to spend a weekend in Denver with Jennie and Lindsay.  These pretty ladies are getting married this fall and I am so excited for them!


The kitties took advantage of all of the sunshine they could get.


June

June was filled with us going on an amazing vacation to Italy and Switzerland.  We had the best weather possible complete with only 10 minutes of rain while sitting under an awning eating dinner.  We will never get that lucky again with the weather.  It was so amazing.


Lake Como, Italy


Camogli, Italy


Gimmelwald, Switzerland


Hiking to First


Hotel Obersteinberg

Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland


July


We went to St. Louis and I finally got to go to Crown Candy and have an ice cream sundae!


August


Ken completed the MR340 on the Missouri River


So proud of this guy!


September

We took our annual trip to Colorado for hiking and Kya hiked her second 14er!

Grays Peak with Miss Kya

A beautiful hike complete with aspens and rainbows

Jennie, Lindsay, and Harper joined us as well!


October

Katie and I jetted off to Portland for a girls weekend, which included me running the Portland marathon.

Cannon Beach

Marathon #12

Wine tasting

Hiking near Mt. Hood


November

We spent our Thanksgiving weekend hiking in Arkansas with Kya.

Arkansas hiking


My two cuties


December

In December we took a trip to Germany and Austria to visit the Christmas markets.  It was an amazing trip!

Innsbruck, Austria


Salzburg, Austria

Munich, Germany


Krampus

It was such an amazing trip with many wonderful memories made.  Once we got home, I darted off to Chicago with the girls for a quick weekend getaway.

Shenanigans, lots of shenanigans

The remainder of the month was spent celebrating Christmas, including taking Angel to look at Christmas lights, a Jackson family favorite!

Christmas lights for days

Christmas morning with the hooligans


2017 was one of those amazing years that surely will leave a lasting impact in our lives.  I am excited to see what 2018 has in store for us!

No comments: