Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Italy and Switzerland...Day 14: Heading Home and Other Thoughts...

With a 1:00 pm flight from Zurich, we opted to spend our last night of Switzerland in Lauterbrunnen and take the train in the morning.  Normally, you would want to stay near your departure city, but Switzerland is so efficient with trains that we decided to spend as much time as possible in our favorite village.  We took the 8:00 am train out of Lauterbrunnen and were on our way to Zurich.

As we watched the beautiful scenery go by, I realized how extremely lucky I am to have gotten to experience this beautiful area three times now.  We left this area in 2016, I felt like I needed more time here.  I needed more time to explore all of the beautiful areas in the valley and mountains.  As we rode the train away, I felt very satisfied with everything we got to do on this trip this time.  Now, that is not saying that we will not be back.  If I could board a flight and be there tomorrow, I would in two seconds!  I just felt that we got to see so much on this visit.

We arrived home in Kansas City around midnight.  It was a long day of traveling, but we know how fortunate we are to get to do it.  The travel home blues were somehow beat by eating Chili's at the O'Hare airport in Chicago.  After eating Italian and Swiss cuisine for two weeks, we needed a little chips and salsa in our lives.

I think it is difficult to decide what trip a person has taken that is the best trip ever.  I think each trip is unique, but this one was so very special.  We were gone for two full weeks and had 10 minutes of rain while we were eating dinner outside under an awning.  I am not sure we will ever get that lucky again.

We enjoyed our time in both Italy and Switzerland.  We will certainly be back to visit both.  If you are thinking of booking a trip and want to try something that is more off the beaten path like we do, please let me know!  I would love to share my tips as to how I plan things.

I have a few hiking videos that I am going to put together soon to post on here.  I feel like it is some times difficult to see the beauty we see hiking without videos.  Meanwhile, here are my favorite pictures from each area.

Happy Traveling!

Varenna, Italy

Camogli, Italy


Outside of Gimmelwald, Switzerland

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read blog thoroughly; it’s quite informative and well written post. Please visit https://goo.gl/N1p38w