Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Night Shift...

My first full week of working the night shift is in the books.  I worked three shifts in a row, which seemed pretty daunting at the beginning of the week.  What are my thoughts?  Just meh.  It was okay, not horrible, not fabulous.

The low point was definitely on Thursday last week.  Ken was working at home and apparently I came down stairs when I was supposed to be sleeping.  I stopped on the stairs and started crying and shouting that the cats were yelling at me.  Yep, that happened.  It was definitely the low point of the week and sadly it was only after one shift.

Sleeping during the day is a struggle. I usually sleep like a corpse from 8:30 am until about 1:00 pm, but then it is a struggle to stay sleeping.  I am hoping that this week will be better since I have two in a row starting tonight.

I think the part that does not help is that I do not have any desire to eat at all during the night shift.  I eat snacks and drink lattes, but that is about it.  When I come home I go to sleep and skip eating and then barely want to eat when I wake up.  I have always heard horror stories of people gaining massive amounts of weight while working nights and I am not understanding how this is possible.

Here's to week two of the night shift!

No comments: