Friday, November 18, 2016

Wrapping up October Happenings...

October is one of my favorite months of the year, and this October did not disappoint!  Our weather was unseasonable warm, but we made the very best of the mild weather. After we returned home from our Colorado trip, we had quite the busy schedule.

Ken and me at the March of Dimes Signature Chefs Auction.

I volunteer at the event every year, and these lovely ladies were kind enough to join me this year.  

We enjoyed many fires in our backyard!

The most important part of a fire for me is eating a s'mores.  Fire = s'mores in my book.

My friend Sier'a had a birthday, so some of us White House girls went to brunch to celebrate.  Sier'a is the cutie in the middle.  

I took my last nursing school final (yes!) and my nursing school besties and I celebrated with lunch afterwards.  The four of us have all sat together for all four semesters and each of us ended up with our first choice of specialty!

Mike was my date (and a volunteer) for the Nurse of the Year Awards that is hosted by the March of Dimes.

Ken and me at the Nurse of the Year Awards

We are adjusting to life with me being on the night shift and figuring out how things are going to work here.  I am not sure who has been affected the most by my messed up schedule?

These two have decided that hanging with Uncle Ken is not all that bad while mom is on the night shift.  They have learned that they get double the snuggles when they play their cards right!



No comments: