Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Signs You Have Been Home Too Long...

Up until January, I have always had a job.  I worked a little during high school, when it was not softball season, and started working a full time job after I graduated.  When I thought about not working, I had no idea what it would feel like at all.  It feels weird.

Before I became a full time student/housewife, I had been working at home since August.  That makes it exactly eight months that I have been at home without going to an office.  That is about seven months too long.  I need social interaction.  I am one of those people.  While I was working at home, my co-workers in Texas knew they would have to call me talk to me everyday, because I needed to talk.  I like to talk.  I love the days I have clinical because I get to talk my little heart out to patients and their families.  I am that student nurse that is a motor mouth.

Over the past few weeks, it has become clear that it has been too long.  I have been at home for far too long.  Let me tell you a few of the signs:


  • You know exactly what time the mail man arrives.
  • In fact, the mail man arriving is usually the highlight of your day.
  • It is such a highlight, that you *try* to wait until he pulls away before you dart out the door to get your mail.  You do not want to appear like a psycho that was waiting for him.
  • You realize that your attempts to look like you are not stalking the mail man have failed, when he sees you at the community mail box and knows your name without even asking.
  • You recognize the sound of the UPS truck, no matter which room you are in inside the house.  
  • You also know if he is honking right out front of your house or if he is at the neighbors.  Different sounds you know!
  • The said UPS man gives you strange looks because you want to talk way to long while he is darting away to get back in his truck.  
  • You are on a first name basis with the trash man you see every Tuesday while you are out running at the exact same time every week.  
  • Your husband begins to worry because he over hears you talking a little too much to your cats. (This is the straw that broke the camel's back.)

I know.  Being at home sounds so wonderful, but the reality is, there is only so much Netflix you can watch and house cleaning you can do.  

I am very happy that the ladies at the retail boutique I worked at a year ago called and asked me if I would be interested in coming back and working there again.  It was like they knew I was bored out of my mind.  With summer approaching, there is no way that I can sit at home for five business days all by myself!  

I starting working about a week ago and am loving it.  I only plan on working 10-15 hours per week and will probably spend everything I make at the store, but the best part is, I get to talk to people!!!

No comments: