Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Grand Canyon Trip...Day 4: Time on the North Rim

We woke up Sunday refreshed.  The only thing I could think about was getting a vanilla latte and a mimosa.  A girl has got to have priorities.

Grabbing a latte inside the saloon with two of my favorite people

The view from the North Rim

Katie, Abby, me, Michelle, and Jean just chillin on the North Rim

Ken was giving the squirrel a stern talking to

Abby, Jeff, Michelle, Sal, Ken, and me getting ready to walk to the General Store

Walking back from the store.  I am pretty sure Ken is drinking his adult beverage that the lady at the store carded him for.

Grant and Ken hanging out in the Saloon

We wandered around to all of the view points and took a few pictures

Keri and Ken

Jena and Sal

Happy on the North Rim

Jena, Sal, Ken, me, Grant, and Michelle - We are quite shocked that this picture turned out.  The lady that took it thought we were European and was not thrilled to take our picture.  It was quite odd.

Michelle and Grant

Ironman and IronFan - We had numerous conversations about Ken being an IronFan.

After playing around all day, we went to dinner at the good old Grand Canyon cookout with live entertainment.  Meet Woodie and Cleda Jane.  This is the third year we have seen them.

It is a little hard to tell, but that is Jean, singing into her spoon as a microphone.  It is never boring.

Grant and Michelle enjoying a little country music action

Abby, Maddie, and Sal

Maddie and I decided to make a Woodie Sandwich. 

Maddie, me, Woodie, and Jean

After dinner we went to the back deck to watch the sunset


Michelle, Grant, and Ken watching the sunset



Up next is my favorite hike, hiking from the North Rim to the South Rim.  The Devil's Corkscrew and I meet again!

No comments: