Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Strike!

I have a confession to make.  I realize that you are probably going to think less of me after this, but I have to get it off my chest.  Ken and I used to close down the bowling alley when we first started dating.  There, I said it.  In our defense, he had just moved to Kansas City and really did not have any friends.  We were dating long distance, so it was hard for me to make us friends. 

Hopefully, I have not lost too many cool points.  It also used to be Cosmic Bowling, you know the kind with the neon lights and the loud music?  Surely this makes the whole thing sound a little cooler. 

Michelle had organized a group of us to go bowling on Saturday night.  You know you are getting too old when Cosmic Bowling seems way too late and instead of starting at 10:00 pm, you start at 6:30 pm.  That way, you can be safely at home in bed by 10:00.  

All of the boys.  Sweet Thomas is one of the best kids I know.  I cannot believe how tall this little guy is getting.  We enjoyed hooting and hollering for him every time he bowled!

All of us girls

I had no idea that Melissa captured this picture of Ken and me.  I guess we do still really like each other!

A group shot at the end of the night.  Ken was so close to getting a turkey (three strikes in a row), but missed it by one pin.  Maybe next time!  Thanks for the pictures Melissa!

2 comments:

Cori said...

I can so top this. My family owned two bowling alleys when I was growing up. I practically lived in one. ;) I don't bowl anymore, but if I get a few drinks in me I love to bowl and brag of my glory days, top 10 high school bowlers in KS....ahhh....bahaha!

Lindsay said...

Well as long as your alleys are smoke-free... I just love going bowling in the cloud of smoke! It is fun though (I just suck at it haha).