Sunday, June 3, 2012

Half Marathon PR and Friends...

I spent my Saturday morning running my favorite half marathon, the Hospital Hill half. This is my favorite local race to run. I love the hills and the course.

It is usually very hot, but this year we were lucky enough to have temps int the 50's and 60's. I had originally hoped to do a lot of speed work the weeks prior to try to run a PR, but lately I have just been trying to fit in my runs, let alone do any speed work.

You can imagine my surprise when I realized I was going to beat my goal time of 1:57 and run a 1:53 half. I was super happy and very surprised considering the course. I guess all of this ironman training is paying off.

Ken and Kya joined me as my number one fans. Thanks for coming out to watch me!

We spent Saturday evening having dinner and drinks with our friends Rob and Michelle.




Rob and Michelle at Bonefish



Ken and me at Bonefish




Michelle and me having a drink at Talk of the Town

No comments: