Monday, September 13, 2010

Bursting with Excitement....

I am not sure what has happened, but today I am so excited about the Chicago Marathon!  Maybe it is my sore legs from my long run yesterday and the fact that I am wearing my compression socks today.  Maybe it is because it was so nice out yesterday when I ran, that I did not have to start until 7:30 am.  What a difference cool weather can make!

I realized yesterday that the marathon is four weeks away.  I cannot wait for another getaway with my husband.  We have already had great trips this year and Chicago is just going to be the cherry on top.

Maybe I am excited because I love Fall so much and anytime we travel in the Fall it warms my heart.  Ken and I started dating in the Fall and I think that is one of the many reasons I love it so much.  That, and pumpkin anything and everything.  Speaking of pumpkin, I just finished off a Pumpkin Spice Latte.  What a little piece of heaven I tell you. 

I ran 18 miles yesterday.  I wanted to run 20, but Michelle was picking me up for lunch, so I had to cut it two miles short.  I know that I can run 20 miles, heck, I know I can run 26.2 miles, the question is, can I run it in under four hours.  Well, we will find out soon enough!

In other exciting news Michelle and I have booked a trip to The Bahamas in November.  We are so excited to lay on the beach and drink pina coladas.

Yesterday Heather, Melissa, Michelle, and I went to lunch and a movie.  It was the perfect was to spend a Sunday afternoon.  Thanks for the picture Melissa!

3 comments:

Tara said...

I love fall too, I just wish that it would get here already! It was in the 80's again this weekend. At least it wasn't the 90's.

I'm excited about going to Chicago, but for some reason, I'm not excited about the race. I'm sure the excitement will come once it gets closer!

Hmmm, I might have to run by Starbucks.

Wendy said...

Yes, I love fall running.

So excited for you! I loved Chicago!!

Bahamas sounds awesome!

Lindsay said...

I am excited for your excitedness. Always good to hear some pep! Bahamas!! Jealous :)