Monday, July 12, 2010

Hospital Hill Half Marathon (Just six weeks late)...

On June 5th, my favorite half marathon took place.  The Hospital Hill Half Marathon in downtown Kansas City.  This is such a great race.  It is organized, hilly, and in what I consider to be my hometown.  Okay, I do not live in Kansas City or even Missouri, but the Kansas City metro area is my home.  :)

The only thing about it this year is it was HOT.  Very hot, but it was fun.  That was my main goal, have fun.  I finished in 2:00:40.  The best part about this race is the entire last mile is downhill.  Who does not love that?

Thanks to Ken and Kya for coming out to watch me.  I think Ken loves this race as much as I do.  Miss Kya joins us and gets to play around. 



My number one fan waiting on me to finish. 

Almost finished, it was a scorcher!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Congratulations on your half marathon (six weeks late)!

Yes...you gotta love a downhill finish. :)

Great pics; your dog is beautiful!

ajh said...

Good time with the heat. Yes, I would love the end being downhill!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I love your wild hair photo...so free! I owe you a phone call. :) I love your voice - perky, sweet, happy. Just as I imagined you'd be. haha... Curious, have you ever worn a RUNNING SKIRT? You would be ADORABLE in one. (I'm an ambassador for SkirtSports.com if you can't tell...hehe.) Have a great day xoxo

abbi said...

Great job!! Congrats!

Tricia said...

great pics, congrats!

Lindsay said...

Great support crew and great hot-racing! I've been in too many races with hills in the last mile so this would be a welcomed one :)